Image Map

Beginning Thoughts

15 February 2011

Well, I’m writing my first blog post and am both excited and scared to see where I’m headed. Since it’s my first post, this will probably be pretty long. Photography is something I fell in love with 4 years ago. Well, I shouldn’t say that. I’ve always loved pictures. They’ve always held a special place in my heart. In fact, when my husband and I got married, we surrounded ourselves with pictures of our family member’s weddings at our reception. We’ve now got them hanging in the entrance of our home. They are surrounding us with their shining examples of love and we’re smack dab in the middle of it all. My great-great grandparents are there, and every generation of grandparents after that with our parents. I love old photographs. I love that I can physically see the people of the past and get a feel for what life was like in the past. When I visit my mom, we always go through photo albums and remember moments and occasions that were captured.
When Scott and I got married, we took special care in choosing a wedding photographer because we wanted to make sure that random moments were captured. It wasn’t until having my son 4 years ago that I discovered how much I love taking pictures. He was just so tiny and precious. I can still specifically remember the first picture I took of him. Everybody else had been taking pictures of him when I was recovering in the hospital and at home. After my husband went to work and my mom left to go back home to Washington, I just marveled at him. He was a week old and sleeping. I laid him on a blanket, opened the window to get some good light, took my little point and shoot and started trying to capture his tiny innocence. Well, you can only imagine the love affair that started.
It would be a dream to run a photography business and I hope to be able to. Life is just too special to not capture on film. New beginnings happen every day. Couples get engaged, married, and pregnant or have babies every day. How special it would be to be able to capture and be a part of all those new beginnings. It’s special but also scary. I’ve never shot these moments for other people. What if I fail? What if I am the only one that likes my work? Well, I guess this blog will be a good way to chronicle the journey; to share my failures and my heart. A place for others to see who I am and what I’m passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment