Image Map

Life Changing Dreams

16 February 2011

A woman named Me Ra Koh changed my life. She doesn’t know me and has no idea that she changed my life, but she did. Me Ra, along with her partners, offer a photography scholarship for 3 women every year called SOAR. It’s a scholarship that gives 3 women the opportunity to build their own photography business. I hadn’t heard of it until this year, and when I did, I applied. There was a video entry and an application. It took applying for this scholarship and taking the time to complete the video entry for me to even realize how much I dreamed about owning my own photography business. I didn’t win the scholarship, but thanks to Me Ra, I have realized my dreams. Then, I discovered Jasmine Star; her story and photography is such an inspiration to me. It never fails to amaze me how quickly something or someone can change a person’s life. Two months ago I was resigned to just living the ho hum of the everyday, and now I’m blogging about living out dreams. For too long, I’ve been focused on pushing aside my dreams to make sure I can provide for my family. Why can’t we have both? Why can’t we both live our dreams and provide for our families? I think it’s possible to have both. Who knows where I’m headed, but I’m excited to be living out my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment