Image Map

My 1st SOAR assignment

17 February 2011

I’m doing this a little backwards. Even though I didn’t win the SOAR scholarship, I still get to follow along and do the weekly assignments that the three SOAR recipients are doing. So, every week that a new assignment comes up, I’m going to work really hard to blog it here. The backwards part is that there have already been two assignments, and I’m doing the second assignment first. I’ll blog about the first assignment soon.
Last week, we were all encouraged to take a self-portrait. This self-portrait is supposed to reflect where I am right now. We were also asked to take a photo of an object that represents us. What should I do? What do I want to convey? How can express in one picture where I am at right now? I thought about maybe turning my head away with some look of shyness on my face because I’m naturally a very shy person. I’m awkward at best and just don’t know how to do surface level conversation when I meet someone new. I like deep. You should have seen the pictures though! Oh, my face just looked weird and wasn’t conveying at all what I wanted to convey. The more I thought about it, the more worried I became that I couldn’t do it. Then I realized that right now, I’m just trying to learn as much as I can. So, I present my self-portrait.

Can I just tell you that I set all my manual settings and handed the camera to my 3 year old? Yes, my 3 year old little boy took this self-portrait of me. He’s such a natural :)
Now, for my object:


I love to cook and it got me thinking. You know how when you whisk something and get that whirlwind effect from the batter spinning? That’s how I feel right now. Like my life is a whirlwind and I’m just trying to hang on for dear life. Time is flying, I’m constantly being pulled in so many directions, and I’m adding my dreams into that mix. You know what’s great about it though? That whirlwind batter almost always turns into something delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment