Image Map

Women are Different

21 February 2011

On Friday, I had the privilege of being on a conference call with Me Ra Koh and all of my SOAR sisters.  It was exciting to be a part of and I am really looking forward to the next call.  Karen Buckley with The Wisdom Connection is one of Me Ra’s SOAR partner’s, and she was on the call as well.  Both women were so encouraging. 
Me Ra asked us an intriguing question on the call.  She asked us what it means to run a business like a woman and shoot as a woman.  I had to put quite a bit of thought into this question and I wasn't really sure I would be able to think of an answer, but my thoughts are this.  God created man and woman very different.  Women are nurturer's by design and to me that means that as a woman, I don't just care about a potential client liking my work.  I want a potential client to feel a connection with me and to know that I care about them as an individual; as if we could be friends.  Since I am not a man, I obviously don't know what motivates a man in photography.  I do know that as a woman, it's not about capturing "artistic" photos.  It's about making sure I capture the essence of the person, their personality and emotions,  and those tender precious moments in their lives. 
I hadn’t ever looked at The Wisdom Connection’s website, but today I took a look.  There is a wealth of information on the website for women looking to run their own business.  Not just a photography business, because that’s not their focus, but any sort of business you could dream of.  Karen was kind enough to give all of us an e-book, that is supposed to be very thought provoking and I’m eager to get my hands on it! 
I’m so thankful to have had this opportunity and am looking forward to our next group call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment