Image Map

Special Time with Grandma

23 March 2011

Monday proved to be a nice day here in Northeast Ohio.  It was in the 50’s with potential rain in the forecast, but we took a chance and headed out to one of Lake Erie’s beaches.  That’s so weird for me to say, being somebody that grew up near the Pacific Ocean.  When I think of beaches I think of the ocean, but Lake Erie is enormous.  I guess the beaches count as beaches J  Anyway, Alexander and my mom had a good time “skipping” rocks (Alexander was throwing small boulders) into the water.
On our way home, we stopped at a park in Olmsted Falls and my mom and Alexander watched Steelhead Trout jumping in the water.  Water always makes me feel at peace.  I think because there’s such an abundance of water in the pacific northwest, I always found myself going to some spot with water when I needed to think.  I like being connected to the earth and feeling in awe at God’s creation. 
I’ve never been to this park and think it would be a great location for photo shoots.  I can’t wait to get back out there with some models when everything is green again.

No comments:

Post a Comment