Image Map

Taking in New York City

18 April 2011

Ahhh.  How bad am I?  Last week I didn't post anything on Thursday or Friday!  Well, it was a little crazy.  Friday was the day I left to go to Me Ra Koh's Confidence Workshop.  What a crazy fantastic weekend!  There really is so much to share about my experience of the workshop, but today I am still decompressing a bit.  I feel like a different person and photographer, and I will share more of that later this week.

Today, I want to share about touring New York City.  I was so lucky to be able to go into the city early on Friday to see some sights and I am so thankful for that.  I love to people watch and watching locals definitely appealed to me.  Though I didn't see a tons of different sights, what I did see was worth it. 

 How could I not take at least 1 tour?  I am a lady that loves architecture and history.  The Brooklyn Bridge promised both.
 I have seen many cities, but the New York skyline was something to behold.  The shot is such a small section of that skyline that it doesn't do it much justice.
The Statue of Liberty is something I've always wanted to see.  My daddy was a United States Marine and I love our country.  Being able to see this beautiful lady and all of that history was something to behold.
I am one of those crazy people watchers and this couple was getting there wedding photos taken in Central Park.  How could I not take this opportunity to snap a couple pictures of them from the sidelines.  The wedding photographers were setting these shots up so beautifully.

Grand Central.  How can anybody go to New York City and not see Grand Central Station?  The ticket booths alone were so cool.  The dining concourse is a really cool area to people watch.  There were 2 elderly gentleman having a conversation and I so wanted to take a picture of them, but I wasn't brave enough to do it.  It will be forever etched in my mind though of that quintessential look of 2 elderly men in conversation. 

My day in the city was something I'll never forget.  I was pleasantly surprised with the city, as I'm not really much of a city girl.  Central Park is such a contradiction to the city and is a really amazing park.  Going back to NYC is definitely on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment