Image Map

Wow, I'm Dense

11 April 2011

Oh my goodness, I feel incredibly dense.  Very early in Jasmine Star’s Creative Live workshop on Friday, she said something that should have been very obvious to me.  She talked about how when she was trying to teach herself photography, she would take pictures of her wedding shoes in different lighting to learn about lighting.  Hello, Laura!  You got married and still have all those wedding detail items; my dress, my shoes, my veil, the guestbook, some programs.  The list goes on.  Why haven’t I taken “practice” photos with these items?  Why didn’t it even occur to me!? 
Out came my wedding shoes this weekend.  What better time to practice than the present?  Scott looked at me and said, “What are you doing?”  My sister-in-law came over and went, “why is your wedding stuff out?”  When I told her, she said, “Wow, you’re too serious right now.”  It was actually kind of nice having some wedding stuff out.  It brought back so many happy memories.
Maybe this week I'll get a chance to practice with my dress.  A girl's wedding dress is very important and definitely something I will be photographying a LOT as a wedding photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment