Image Map

I Don't Think We're in Kansas Anymore

23 May 2011

Today has been CRAZY!!!  As I'm writing this at nearly 10:00 PM, we have severe thunderstorm warnings and I'm listening to it rumble.  Today started out rainy and turned into a beautiful day.  I decided that it would be a great day to get out my wedding dress and take some practice pictures of my dress.  Here's the thing...I was a lazy bride after my wedding.  I never had it cleaned and boy did it get put through the ringer on our wedding day.  Of course the bottom is full of dirt from all the walking around in it, but one of groomsmen also spilled his entire drink down the bottom half of my dress.  It was awesome (that's sarcasm).  So, I was a bit limited on how I could take these photos as I couldn't take a photo of the entire dress.

The crazy stuff started as soon as I got done taking this photo.  I took this photo and Scott walked in the door of the house.  Well, I had to run out and do an errand before dinner so I left my dress in our living room and ran out the door.  There's beautiful sunshine behind the picture of this dress, but within 10 minutes of me leaving the house, there were funnel clouds right. above. me.

Living in Ohio, we have plenty of days with Tornado watches, but in the 6 years that I have lived here, we've never actually had a tornado touch down in my area.  It did today.  The funny thing is that all of us that were out were just standing outside watching.  That wasn't very smart of us, but the experience was indescribable.  I'm literally pausing with my fingers trying to think of a word to type that could describe it and can't think of anything.  Watching God's creation at work is always something to behold.

So needless to say, I didn't get a chance to try different photo ideas.  Instead, my time was spent wrapped up in God's creation and all of it's wonder.  I think these moments do a good job of grounding me.  They remind me of how fragile we are.  Sunday was a devastating day in Joplin, MO with tornado's.  What we experienced today in Ohio was nothing in comparison, but just a taste.  I know have other days to photograph this dress and I'm thankful that I can say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment