Image Map

Cleveland Catholic Ordination

18 June 2013

On a beautiful Saturday morning in May, five men laid prostrate at the altar and gave their lives to God.  It was a day they had been praying about and preparing for for years.  It's only fitting that this day after Father's Day, I write about ordination.

I wasn't raised Catholic.  There are many traditions in the church that I once "disagreed" with.  In reality, I didn't understand them.  I have since been blessed to meet many amazing priests and been given the opportunity to really learn why the Catholic faith "does what it does".  It wasn't until moving to Cleveland that I saw my first ordination of a friend becoming a priest.  Ordination is beautiful to witness, just as a wedding of a bride and groom is.  You can imagine my excitement when I was asked to photograph the ordination of Fr. Ryan Cubera.  In all honesty, I don't feel I can even begin to describe it.  To see these five young men devote their lives to God was indescribable.

Cleveland Ordination 0080


Cleveland Ordination 0083

Cleveland Ordination 0140

Cleveland Ordination 0202

Cleveland Ordination 0242

Cleveland Ordination 0292

Cleveland Ordination 0312

This is only a tiny snippet of photos from the day.  I could post so many more of all the moments of that morning.  I feel so honored to have been chosen to be a part of this day and can't wait to see how these five men share their gifts with the Church.

Blessings,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment