Image Map

Monday Musings – Called Out by My Own Heart

21 March 2011

She’s arrived!  My momma is visiting from Washington and I haven’t seen her in 9 months.  You have no idea how good it is to spend some time with my mom.  She’s my best friend, my confidant and the best momma in the world J 

Since she’s here, I’ve been thinking a lot about why I even got into photography in the first place.  So much of it was for her.  I didn’t want her to miss anything about her grandson’s life.  It was important for me to capture his expressions and everything about him, not only for me and Scott, but for her.  Her other two grandchildren are within 10 minutes of her house and we are a 5-8 hour flight away (depending on layovers). 

Lately, I’ve been worried so much about the end result and forgetting to enjoy the process along the way.  Having her here has reminded me why I dream of owning my own successful photography business.  It reminds me that I need to just enjoy my passion and learn as much as I can along the way, because if I only focus on my worries about getting a photography business off the ground, I won’t be able to enjoy and grow as a photographer in the process.  There’s some sort of saying that says something like, “if you worry about the future, you’ll miss the joy of life along the way”.

Having her here is such a gift that I treasure and I can’t wait to photograph our time together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment