Image Map

What a Lovely Neck You Have

09 March 2011

Over the weekend, Scott and I attended our parish appreciation dinner at St. John Neumann Catholic Church.  We go every year and have a great time.  It kind of reminds me of a wedding reception.  We dress up, have a sit down dinner, and this year there was a live band.  This band is fantastic by the way.  I thought it would be a great opportunity to practice my photo skills in low lighting.  So, I busted out my camera and asked a couple friend of mine to be my guinea pigs.  It was a total fail for me.  My directives to them were horrible and I’m not really sure how to direct people into a look that I’m trying for.  Here’s how the conversation went:

Me:  “Eddie, can you lean into Kristen and kinda snuggle into her neck area?”
Eddie and Kristen:  (laughing hysterically)
Eddie:  “This totally makes me feel like a vampire.”
Kristen:  (making a fang face)
Me:  “Well, do something.  Oh forget it.  I’ve totally failed at this.”
All in all, I was able to get the lighting to work out with my manual settings, but I think my aperture was too low.  Someone was always out of focus in the pictures.  It was a fun night though and I guess I got some funny shots since I gave up and we decided to just goof around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment